[R] Fwd: Re: Setting .Rprofile for RStudio on a Windows 7 x64bit / Windows file extension hiding

John Nash John.Nash at uottawa.ca
Tue Apr 18 00:41:46 CEST 2017

The very large amount of noise on this topic seems to be the result of allowing
Windows to hide file extensions. We have had to put up with millions of malware
infections because someone in M$ thought this would be a nice idea. I've seen it
cause lots of problems over the years, including among my own family.

Perhaps someone can create a check and repair that automatically turns this "feature" off
whenever R is run. One reason among the many why I run Linux.

JN