[R] R help

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Tue Apr 18 06:50:28 CEST 2017

I am assuming that you are referring to your emails from last October and last month regarding nlme.

A) Read the Posting Guide, which mentions things like the fact that you should set your email program to send plain text when posting on this mailing list , and that there is a dedicated R-sig-mixed-models mailing list where questions about nlme would be more on topic. (The plain text thing is important to avoid us receiving a corrupted version of what you sent, so it is important if we are to understand you.)

B) Don't reply to an existing message on the list with a completely different question... start a fresh email with an informative subject line and all of the replies will show up together in many email programs and in the archives. Hijacked email threads tend to get overlooked, which is not in your best interest.

C) Make sure your example is reproducible. See for example [1] or [2] or [3] (or all three).

D) A course in linear regression should address when it is reasonable to remove terms, but it is beyond the scope of this list to go into that. Removing the intercept due to large p-values is hardly ever justified. Mixed models of the complexity you are trying to use typically require a lot more data than you showed last month to give significant results. You should probably consult with a local statistician on your experimental design.

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5963269/how-to-make-a-great-r-reproducible-example
[2] http://adv-r.had.co.nz/Reproducibility.html
[3] https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/reprex/index.html