[R] Setting .Rprofile for RStudio on a Windows 7 x64bit

Peter Dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 19:26:14 CEST 2017

> On 17 Apr 2017, at 19:01 , BR_email <br at dmstat1.com> wrote:
>
> Berend: Something looks good, but RStudio still Rprofile still doees not affect the launch.
>
>> source(echo=TRUE, "C:/Users/BruceRatner/Documents/.Rprofile.site")
>> options(prompt="R> ")
>
>> set.seed(12345)
>
>> rm(list=ls())
>

> Bruce Ratner, Ph.D.
> The Significant Statistician™
> (516) 791-3544
> Statistical Predictive Analtyics -- www.DMSTAT1.com
> Machine-Learning Data Mining and Modeling -- www.GenIQ.net
>
> Berend Hasselman wrote:
>> source(echo=TRUE, ""C:/Users/BruceRatner/Documents/.Rprofile.site")

According to the gospel of St.Henrik, that filename is wrong, and possibly the directory too.

So try his suggestions. What is the output (show us!) of

normalizePath("./.Rprofile")
normalizePath("~/.Rprofile")

Assuming that the former is

"C:/Users/BruceRatner/Documents/.Rprofile"

you could try renaming the .Rprofile.site file to that. If need be, use file.rename, as in

file.rename(from="C:/Users/BruceRatner/Documents/.Rprofile.site", to="C:/Users/BruceRatner/Documents/.Rprofile")

(and restart, obviously).

[I wouldn't set the seed in a .Rprofile file, nor would I use rm() there, but that is a different kettle of fish.]

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501
Email: pd.mes at cbs.dk  Priv: PDalgd at gmail.com