[R] seq argument along.with

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Sat Apr 15 00:54:49 CEST 2017

Have you ever used the seq_along() function?

If you want to delegate the decision of how many elements you want to process to some earlier point in your (or someone else's) code, then the most logical way to create a result vector that is the same size as some input vector, even if that vector is of zero length, is to show that vector to the seq function as an example of how long to make the result.