[R] system call removes special characters from text output

stephen sefick ssefick at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 06:44:48 CEST 2017

Hi Jeff,

My apologies for not providing enough information. The perl code works as
expected at the shell (without calling it from R). I have tried the system
call inside of an ESS R session and at a the shell. Both of these produce
the unexpected result. I can provide whatever information that is needed.
kindest regards,

Stephen

--
Let's not spend our time and resources thinking about things that are so
little or so large that all they really do for us is puff us up and make us

                                -K. Mullis

"A big computer, a complex algorithm and a long time does not equal
science."

                              -Robert Gentleman