[R] Error in gam() object 'scat' no found

Karl Neergaard karlneergaard at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 06:50:30 CEST 2016

I received an error message while trying to use family=scat in the GAM
package. The models were working fine yesterday.
The problem is not with my data seeing as the gaussian distribution is
working fine.

mod=gam(RT~s(a) + s(b), data=dat, family=gaussian)
mod=gam(RT~s(a) + s(b), data=dat, family=scat)

Might this problem be unrelated to GAM specifically, and to my R
configuration?
I have removed the gam package and re-installed it several times to no
avail.

Thank you for any assistance,
Karl