[R] dplyr or plyr or both?

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Thu Sep 15 21:17:31 CEST 2016

The incorrect results are unfortunate and can trip up the inexperienced user, but this problem is straightforward to resolve if you explicitly specify which versions of the conflicting functions to use. The more interesting question I saw was whether the intent is to deprecate plyr, but so far that  does not appear to be the case.

While I agree that mixing them can be trouble-prone, I think in many cases both will continue to be used.