[R] Help with strftime error "character string is not in a standard unambiguous format"

Chris Evans chrishold at psyctc.org
Mon Sep 12 12:33:23 CEST 2016

OK. I'm an idiot (not for the first time and, sadly, no doubt not for the last). strptime() was all that was needed: just that one pesky character and I can't remember now why I went astray there, but thanks to all who supplied the answer and all who supplied additional useful information.

As ever, deeply indebted to the R and R-help communities,

Chris

>>> strftime("Thu, 25 Aug 2016 6:34 PM",format="%a, %d %b %Y %I:%M %p")