[R] Apply a multi-variable function to a vector

Stephen Kennedy stevek9123 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 21:50:59 CEST 2016

Hello,

I would like to define an arbitrary function of an arbitrary number of
variables, for example, for 2 variables:

func2 <- function(time, temp) time + temp

I'd like to keep variable names that have a meaning in the problem (time
and temperature above).

If I have a vector of values for these variables, for example in the 2-d
case, c(10, 121), I'd like to apply my function (in this case func2) and
obtain the result. Conceptually, something like,

func2(c(10,121))

becomes

func2(10,121)

Is there a simple way to accomplish this, for an arbitrary number of
variables?  I’d like something that would simply work from the definition
of the function.  If that is possible.

Thanks,

Steve Kennedy