[R] Fitting Mixture distributions

Aanchal Sharma aanchalsharma833 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 00:51:22 CEST 2016

Hi Simon

I am facing same problem as described above. i am trying to fit gaussian
mixture model to my data using normalmixEM. I am running a Rscript which
has this function running as part of it for about 17000 datasets (in loop).
The script runs fine for some datasets, but it terminates when it
encounters one dataset with the following error:

Error in normalmixEM(expr_glm_residuals, lambda = c(0.75, 0.25), k = 2,  :
  Too many tries!

(command used: expr_mix_gau <- normalmixEM(expr_glm_residuals, lambda =
c(0.75,0.25), k = 2, epsilon = 1e-08, maxit = 10000, maxrestarts=200, verb
= TRUE))
(expr_glm_residuals is my dataset which has residual values for different
samples)

It is suggested that one should define the mu and sigma in the command by
looking at your dataset. But in my case there are many datasets and it will
keep on changing every time. please suggest what can I do to resolve this
issue.

Regards
Anchal