[R] Off topic, but hopefully not totally irrelevant: on MS Excel and genomics

John McKown john.archie.mckown at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 16:26:22 CEST 2016

On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 9:10 AM, John Kane <jrkrideau at inbox.com> wrote:

> Over the last few years I came to the conclusion that using a spreadsheet
> for anything more complicated than my shopping list was madness.
>  I am now reconsidering my position on shopping lists.

​I got a real laugh out of that one! When used for the purpose of their
ancestors, they are an excellent tool. A screwdriver is an excellent tool.
But you can't use it alone to build a submarine.
https://www.cs.umd.edu/class/spring2002/cmsc434-0101/MUIseum/applications/spreadsheethistory1.html
​

--
Unix: Some say the learning curve is steep, but you only have to climb it
once. -- Karl Lehenbauer

Maranatha! <><
John McKown