[R] robumeta package - error

Michael Dewey lists at dewey.myzen.co.uk
Fri Sep 2 13:01:04 CEST 2016

Dear Kristina

I do not use that package so cannot offer any direct help but

1 - can you fit the model with any other combination of parameters?
2 - what happens if you vary rho?
3 - if your data-set is small and not confidential can you share it,
otherwise can you show us str(anxiety_control) or
summary(anxiety_control) preferable without any variables you are not
using in this model?
4 - there is a robust option in Wolfgang Viechtbauer's metafor package
which might help although I am not sure how equivalent the analysis
approaches are.

On 01/09/2016 17:52, Kristina Loderer wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to fit a simple (intercept-only) meta-analytic model using
> the robumeta package using the following code:
>  anx_cont_mean<-robu(formula = es_fisher ~ 1, var.eff.size =
> variance_fisher, studynum = study_ID, modelweights = "CORR", rho = 0.8,
> small=TRUE, data = anxiety_control)
>
> When I try to run this model, the following error message pops up:
> Error in solve.default(sumXWX) :
>   system is computationally singular: reciprocal condition number = 0
>
> What exactly does this mean in the context of meta-analysis? I haven't
> been able to find any answers.
>
> Thank you,
> Kristina

> Kristina Loderer