[R] Same code on Mac?

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 16:44:32 CEST 2016

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 4:25 PM, Tom Mosca <tom at vims.edu> wrote:
> Using a PC I have written the R code for my elementary statistics students.  One of the students has a Mac.  Should the same lines of code work on a Mac?
>

> Where can the student find support for R on her Mac?  I don't know anything about them, and have never used one.

There's an official FAQ for Mac, just as there is for Windows.
https://cran.r-project.org/faqs.html
There's also a Mac-specific email help list.
https://www.r-project.org/mail.html

Most R code will run as well or better on Mac. All of the OS problems
I've run into tend to be problems with Windows. It's a bit harder to
get some geospatial stuff working on Mac, but that's unlikely to be a
problem with your elementary stats students.

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee
http://www.functionaldiversity.org