[R] nlme

Andrew Robinson A.Robinson at ms.unimelb.edu.au
Mon Oct 24 21:50:15 CEST 2016

Without access to the data, or commented, minimal, self-contained,
reproducible code, it's pretty hard to speculate.  I suggest that you
reframe your question so that we can see what you can see.

Andrew

On 25 October 2016 at 03:03, Santiago Bueno <swbueno at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear people:
>

> I am getting the following error when trying to run the piece of code
> below. Any insights??
>

> Error in nlme.formula(Btronc ~ a + b * dbh^2 * haut, data = cbind(dat,  :
>
>   object 'a' not found
>

> library(nlme)
>
> start <- coef(lm(Btronc~I(dbh**2*haut),data=dat))
>
> names(start) <- c("a","b")
>
> summary(nlme(Btronc~a+b*dbh**2*haut, data=cbind(dat,g="a"), fixed=a+b_1,
> start=start,
>
> groups=~g, weights=varPower(form=~dbh)))
>

> Best,
>

> Santiago

Andrew Robinson
Deputy Director, CEBRA, School of Biosciences
Reader & Associate Professor in Applied Statistics  Tel: (+61) 0403 138 955
School of Mathematics and Statistics                        Fax: +61-3-8344 4599
University of Melbourne, VIC 3010 Australia
Email: a.robinson at ms.unimelb.edu.au
Website: http://www.ms.unimelb.edu.au/~andrewpr

MSME: http://www.crcpress.com/product/isbn/9781439858028
FAwR: http://www.ms.unimelb.edu.au/~andrewpr/FAwR/