[R] Confidence interval on quantile regression (quantreg)

Cade, Brian cadeb at usgs.gov
Wed Oct 19 23:43:23 CEST 2016

Depending on the procedure used for estimating the CI, especially if the
default rankscore inversion method, then it is possible that legitimate end
points of the intervals for some quantiles with a given alpha (e.g., 0.05
for 95% CI) cannot be refined beyond plus or minus infinity.  Of course,
this typically happens for smaller sample sizes, more extreme taus, and
more complex models.  But unusual distributional characteristics of the
data distributions can also contribute to this issue.

Brian

Brian S. Cade, PhD

U. S. Geological Survey
Fort Collins Science Center