[R] rsync: failed to connect to cran.r-project.org (137.208.57.37): No route to host (113)

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 22:46:20 CEST 2016

On 19/10/2016 11:36 AM, Etienne Borocco wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I folowed this tutorial here:
> http://singmann.org/installing-r-devel-on-linux/
>
> I tried to install r-dev to compile gstoos that I can't manage to
> compile now on my ubuntu 16.04 distribution.
>
> I get an error with rsync:
>
>  1. bash ./tools/rsync-recommended
>
> There is the output of the shell:
>
> rsync: failed to connect to cran.r-project.org (137.208.57.37): No route
> to host (113)
> rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(128)
> [Receiver=3.1.1]
> *** rsync failed to update Recommended files ***
>
> I saw this old post from 2008 but it does not seem to adress my issue:
> https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-devel/2008-October/050973.html

Other people have been having trouble today getting through to some of
the Vienna machines.  I've got no idea if it's a problem in Vienna or
somewhere else, but it will probably be fixed pretty quickly.  However,
it's now after office hours, so if the problem is actually in Vienna, it
might not be fixed until tomorrow.

Duncan Murdoch