[R] lb and ub for variables - nloptr

Narendra Modi bjpmodi2016 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 20:46:48 CEST 2016

Hello All,
I use nloptr to perform optimization.
In one example,the lb for each variable is 0 and ub is Inf during the first run.

x <- c(10,10,10,10) # initial values
lb <- c(0,0,0,0)
ub <- c(Inf,Inf,Inf,Inf)

optimised.answer  = 4.2,0.001,20,21

To run the second time for a better match, I set a condition in the ub
matrix saying if the value of any of optimized variable in the first
run is less than 0.01, set the ub for that variable as 0; both lb and
ub for that variable is 0. So I expect that during the second run,
this variable is not varied by the optimizer at all.

i.e. new.x <- c(4.2,0,20,21)
But when I run the optimizer the second time with the "new.x",all the
above variable is still varied by the optimizer!

Is there anyway to not have the second variable varied?

NM