[R] Error creating named character vectors from column names in data frame.

Bert Gunter bgunter.4567 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 19:34:21 CEST 2016

I think you have R semantics confused. What do you think

c("a" = "b")

means?

Note that:

> c("a" = "b")
"b"
Error: object 'a' not found

And of course:

class("a") # character
class("b") # character

but this has *nothing* to do with the line immediately above it.

Have you gone through any  basic R tutorials? There are many good ones
on the web.

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter