[R] Error in aictab with CLM model "function not yet defined"

Caitie Kuempel c.kuempel at uq.edu.au
Mon Oct 3 07:47:11 CEST 2016

Hi R help,

I am trying to do some AIC model averaging on a CLM model in R and keep getting the error:

Error in aictab.default(cand.set = Cand.model0, modnames = Modnames0,  :
Function not yet defined for this object class

The MuMIn package says that the functions should work for clm and clmm models so I'm not sure if I'm missing something or if there is an extra step?  Any help or examples would be appreciated.

My model (m1) works fine- which I fit using the clm() function from the package ordinal.  Then I run the following:

dred<-dredge(m1,rank="AICc",trace=TRUE,evaluate=FALSE)
Cand.model0<-list()
r2val<-rep(0,length(dred)) # r-square values
for(i in 1:length(dred))
{
  print(length(dred)-i)
  Cand.model0[[i]]<-clm(as.character(dred[[i]])[2],data=datt2,REML=FALSE)
  #r2val[i]<-summary(Cand.model0[[i]])$r.squared
}

Modnames0 <- paste("mod", 1:length(Cand.model0), sep = " ")
t0<-aictab(cand.set=Cand.model0, modnames=Modnames0, sort = TRUE, second.ord = TRUE,nobs = NULL)
Error in aictab.default(cand.set = Cand.model0, modnames = Modnames0,  :
Function not yet defined for this object class

Thanks for your time.

Best,

Caitie