[R] Error occurring

Jim Lemon drjimlemon at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 22:14:19 CET 2016

`Hi Stuti,
Your problem is that if you want to have more than one command on a
single line, you must separate them with a semicolon.

j <- function() {
 if(!exists ("a")){
 a <- 1
 } else{
 a <- a+1
}; print(a)}

The above will work, but is usually considered bad form. What follows
is usually easier to read and avoids that sort of error.

j <- function() {
 if(!exists ("a")) {
 a <- 1
 } else {
 a <- a+1
 }
 print(a)
}

Notice how the opening and closing braces ({}) are "lined up" to make
the code easier to read. Most people recommend using at least two
spaces indent, but far be it from me to demand conformity in these
matters.

Jim