[R] Datapoint tracking in scatterplot from plot() used on plsr() objects

CG Pettersson cg.pettersson at lantmannen.com
Thu Nov 24 17:34:35 CET 2016

Dear all,
I am working with PLS-regression using plsr() from the pls package. I have a medium sized dataset with 223 rows, ten reference columns and 192 columns with measurement data from an "electronic nose".

There is a convenient way of inspecting what you have done in the calls to plsr() by typing plot(object) which results in a scatterplot predicted/measured. How do I track what row in the dataset is what point in the scatterplot? I have tried to read the documentation for plot() but don´t find the solution, probably because I don´t understand it :(. I am quite sure it is possible as I have seen something like that in other uses of plot() but I can´t find where.

Med vänlig hälsning/Best regards
CG Pettersson
Senior Scientific Advisor, PhD
Lantmännen Corporate R&D
Phone:  +46 10 556 19 85
Mobile: + 46 70 330 66 85
Email: cg.pettersson at lantmannen.com<mailto:cg.pettersson at lantmannen.com>
Visiting Address: S:t Göransgatan 160 A
Address: Box 30192, SE-104 25 Stockholm
Webb: http://www.lantmannen.com<http://www.lantmannen.com/>
Registered Office: Stockholm
Before printing, think about the environment