[R] Fixing non-UTF8 locale and other warning in R for Mac OS X

Umar Ahmad babasaraki at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 24 04:59:16 CET 2016

Hello R Experts,
Please can anyone help or guide me through on how I can fix this problem below that is usual showed whenever I open R statitsics in Mac OS but I never have seen this to exist on Window computer. It seems to always refer me to R for Mac OS X FAQ (see Help) of which I went there many times but couldn't know how to fix this issue.

"During startup - Warning messages:1: Setting LC_CTYPE failed, using "C" 2: Setting LC_COLLATE failed, using "C" 3: Setting LC_TIME failed, using "C" 4: Setting LC_MESSAGES failed, using "C" 5: Setting LC_MONETARY failed, using "C" [R.app GUI 1.68 (7288) x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0]
WARNING: You're using a non-UTF8 locale, therefore only ASCII characters will work.Please read R for Mac OS X FAQ (see Help) section 9 and adjust your system preferences accordingly."

Thanks in anticipation for your guidance.
Umar.