[R] Inconsistency of 1^NA=1 vs. 1.1^NA=NA

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at effectivedefense.org
Thu Nov 17 22:00:06 CET 2016

 > (1+ 0i)^ NA
[1] NA
 > sessionInfo()
R version 3.3.1 (2016-06-21)
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0 (64-bit)
Running under: OS X 10.11.6 (El Capitan)

locale:
[1] en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/C/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8

attached base packages:
[1] stats     graphics  grDevices utils
[5] datasets  methods   base

other attached packages:
[1] lubridate_1.6.0

[1] magrittr_1.5  rsconnect_0.5 tools_3.3.1
[4] stringi_1.1.2 stringr_1.1.0