[R] Help with decrypting

MacQueen, Don macqueen1 at llnl.gov
Wed Nov 9 19:35:56 CET 2016

Bob,

Thanks for responding. I've tried the functions in bcrypt, and get, for
example,

> infl <- 'path.to.the.encrypted.file'
> junk <- 'the.password'
> foo <- readLines(infl)
Warning message:
In readLines(infl) :
  incomplete final line found on 'path.to.the.encrypted.file'
> tmp <- checkpw(junk, foo)
Error in hashpw(password, hash) : Invalid salt

Thus demonstrating that I don't know what I'm doing.

If it's easy to expand, as you mention, I would indeed appreciate it.

-Don

--
Don MacQueen

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory