[R] PDE Solver and Modeling with R

BARLAS Marios 247554 Marios.BARLAS at cea.fr
Wed Nov 9 12:24:49 CET 2016

Hello every1,

Could you please suggest a good package (if any) for solving PDEs using FEMs approach in R ?

I'm building a model where I need to solve Poisson, heat transport eq ( linear + heatsource in 2D or 3D in cylindrical Coords ) and combine the results through a semi analytical model.

Otherwise, do you think I can plug into the old FORTRAN libraries like SLATEC ?

I've never used R for this type of modeling so far, any advice on where to start from is more than welcome!

Thank you in advance,

Marios Barlas
PhD Candidate
CMOS & Memory Integration
Advanced Memory Group

Leti, technology research institute
Commissariat à l'énergie atomique et aux énergies alternatives
T. +33 4 38 78 11 50 M. +33 6 02 61 83 49
www.leti.fr  | Leti is a member of the Carnot Institutes network