[R] Problem with downloading library(Rcmdr)

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sun Nov 6 16:35:05 CET 2016

> On Nov 6, 2016, at 6:10 AM, Jeff Newmiller <jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
>
> I am not aware of a "-1" option for R CMD INSTALL  [1]. Nor do I have a Macintosh.

It compiles from the MacGUI console using an ordinary call (no extra environment variables need be set) to install.packages, and then loads without error on my Mac running R 3.3.1 patched. (I do have a full set of tools and a current version of Rcpp, reference to which which showed up in the compiler messages.)  If I had been using the Unix command line I would have offer a full path to the *.tar.gz file and not used that "minus one" option.

The Imports line in the DESCRIPTION file:

Imports: MASS, quantreg, nlme, mgcv, stringr, magic, robustbase, Rcpp(>= 0.11.1)

--
David.