[R] Using map with filled.contour doesn't display map

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sat Nov 5 01:43:24 CET 2016

> On Nov 4, 2016, at 11:26 AM, Jeff Charlton <jcharlto16 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to overlay a map on top of data showing temperatures across the
> world. The code I'm using is:
>
>      filledContour(tempdata, plot.axes={axis(1); axis(2); map("world2",
> add=TRUE)})
>
> where tempdata is a raster file made from a netcdf file downloaded from the
> NOAA website. The filledContour is a wrapper that translates the raster
> image into something that can be used by filled.contour.
>
> If I run the code:
>
>  filledContour(tempdata)

It's somewhat difficult to advise since in one place you say you are using filled.contour, but above you are writing filledContour (but are not saying where this function comes from or offering the required `library` call to set this up.). You are also not offering any data example. Suggest you make this a complete example.