[R] MaxentVariableSelection problem

Anderson Eduardo andersonaed at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 15:37:04 CET 2016

Hello

I am trying to run vignette
<https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/MaxentVariableSelection/vignettes/MaxentVariableSelection.pdf>
example for the MaxentVariableSelection package, but something wrong is
happening. I can't figure out.

Here is the code:

maxentPath =
("/home/anderson/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.3/dismo/java/maxent.jar")
gridfolder <- ("/home/anderson/Downloads/BioOracle_9090RV")
occurrencelocations <- system.file("extdata",
"Occurrencedata.csv",package="MaxentVariableSelection")
backgroundlocations <- system.file("extdata",
"Backgrounddata.csv",package="MaxentVariableSelection")
additionalargs="nolinear noquadratic noproduct nothreshold noautofeature"
contributionthreshold <- 5
correlationthreshold <- 0.9
betamultiplier=seq(2,6,0.5)

VariableSelection(maxent,
                  outdir,
                  gridfolder,
                  occurrencelocations,
                  backgroundlocations,
                  additionalargs,
                  contributionthreshold,
                  correlationthreshold,
                  betamultiplier
                  )

Aand the error message:

> VariableSelection(maxent,
+                   outdir,
+                   gridfolder,
+                   occurrencelocations,
+                   backgroundlocations,
+                   additionalargs,
+                   contributionthreshold,
+                   correlationthreshold,
+                   betamultiplier
+                   )
-----------------------
Choosing betamultiplier  2

 Number of remaining variables 4
Testing variable contributions...
Calculating average AUC values from 10 maxent models...
arguments 'show.output.on.console', 'minimized' and 'invisible' are for
Windows only
Error in as.vector(x, "character") :
  cannot coerce type 'closure' to vector of type 'character'

I have not found the solution in blogs and online forums and I would ask
earnestly the help of the members of this forum.

Thanks in advance.

Anderson A. Eduardo
Lattes <http://lattes.cnpq.br/3826166230581311> | Researcher ID
<http://orcid.org/0000-0001-8045-8043> | Google Acadêmico