[R] sandwich package: HAC estimators

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at uibk.ac.at
Tue May 31 14:18:46 CEST 2016

On Tue, 31 May 2016, T.Riedle wrote:

> I understood. But how do I get the R2 an Chi2 of my logistic regression
> under HAC standard errors? I would like to create a table with HAC SE
> via e.g. stargazer().
>
> Do I get these information by using the functions
>
> bread.lrm <- function(x, ...) vcov(x) * nobs(x)
> estfun.lrm <- function(x, ...) residuals(x, "score")?
>
> Do I need to use the coeftest() in this case?

The bread()/estfun() methods enable application of vcovHAC(), kernHAC(),
NeweyWest(). This in turn enables the application of coeftest(),
waldtest(), or linearHypothesis() with a suitable vcov argument.

All of these give you different kinds of Wald tests with HAC covariances
including marginal tests of individual coefficients (coeftest) or global
tests of nested models (waldtest/linearHypothesis). The latter can serve
as replacement for the "chi-squared test". For pseudo-R-squared values I'm
not familiar with HAC-adjusted variants.

And I'm not sure whether there is a LaTeX export solution that encompasses
all of these aspects simultaneously.