[R] zelig package: robust SE

T.Riedle tr206 at kent.ac.uk
Sun May 29 19:48:07 CEST 2016

Dear R users,

I am trying to run a logistic regression using zelig. The simple logistic regression works well but now I want to have HAC robust standard errors. I have read in the manual that there is an option called "robust" and that zelig() computes robust SE via the sandwich package. However, it doesn't work. My code looks as follows:

crisis_bubble4<-zelig(stock.market.crash~crash.MA+bubble.MA+MP.MA<http://mp.ma/>+UTS.MA<http://uts.ma/>+UPR.MA<http://upr.ma/>+PPI.MA<http://ppi.ma/>+RV.MA<http://rv.ma/>,robust=TRUE,model="logit",data=Data_logitregression_movingaverage)

Error in glm.control(robust = TRUE) : unused argument (robust = TRUE)

I took this code from the zelig manual and don't understand why I get an error. What is more, I want to calculate NeweyWest SE or the SE using the weights by Andrews via the kernHAC function. How can I do that?

Thanks for your support.

Kind regards