[R] read multiple sheets of excel data into R

li li hannah.hlx at gmail.com
Sat May 28 19:55:50 CEST 2016

Hi all,
  I tried to use the package "XLConnect" to read excel data into R.  I got
the following error message:

Error : .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'rJava', details:
  call: fun(libname, pkgname)
  error: No CurrentVersion entry in Software/JavaSoft registry! Try
re-installing Java and make sure R and Java have matching
architectures.

  I tried read.xls and got the following error  message:

> library(gdata)> one <- read.xls ("one.xlsx", sheet=1)Error in findPerl(verbose = verbose) :
  perl executable not found. Use perl= argument to specify the correct
path.Error in file.exists(tfn) : invalid 'file' argument

  Can anyone give me some input on this?
  Thanks.
    Hanna