[R] Shaded areas in R

Óscar Jiménez oscar.jimenez.fdez at gmail.com
Thu May 26 11:37:33 CEST 2016

Hello,

I'm working with R language, and plotting some parameters over time. I need
to draw a shaded area under the curve of eacj parameter.

For that, I might use the polygon (x,y) function, assigning coordinates
(x,y) to each vertex of my polygon. To do so, "x" and "y" must be vectors
with numerical values, but since my x-axis is a time series, I cannot
assing a numerical value to my "x" coordinate, because time variable is a
"character" variable.

Is there any option to use the function polygin (x,y) in this case, or any
other function that allows me to draw a shaded area under the curve on a
time series basis?

Thank you in advance for your help

Best regards

Óscar