[R] Replicating the SPlus "twoway" function

Taylor, Z Todd todd.taylor at pnnl.gov
Mon May 23 23:37:28 CEST 2016

Is there a package somewhere that replicates the SPlus twoway() function?  That function models a 2-d data matrix, which may contain NAs, as

x[i,j] = grand.effect + row.effect[i] + col.effect[j] + resid[i,j]

I'm sort of resurrecting some ancient S code and it would be handy if a twoway() function were available in R.  I've googled and RSiteSearch'd, but maybe there's something out there that goes by another name?

Thanks.

--Todd
--
Z. Todd Taylor