[R] Can I use PhantomJS or assume a firefox instalattion for usage with RSelenium in CRAN Machines?

Marcelo Perlin marceloperlin at gmail.com
Thu May 19 16:49:48 CEST 2016

Hi Guys,

First time posting here.

I have a CRAN package called GetTDData that downloads and reads public data
from a government website (
http://www.tesouro.fazenda.gov.br/tesouro-direto-balanco-e-estatisticas).

Recently (today), the website has changed its structure by removing
permanent links of the files and creating a "random" html address for the
files that really matter. This means that when I download the souce html
code, I don't have the information for the actual links, but just a bunch
of code.

In the past I have dealed with this type of problem by forcing the
renderization of the page using RSelenium with firefox or PhantomJS and
then capturing the desired href locations.

My question is, if integrate my code with RSelenium using firefox or
PhantonJS, will it pass on all arquitectures (win, linux, solaris) of CRAN?

I'm happy to hear any other ideas.

Many thanks!

--
Marcelo Perlin
Professor Adjunto | Escola de Administração