[R] Placement of words in a word cloud as per its occurance.

shaila shailaja shaila_jm at rediffmail.com
Thu May 19 16:32:26 CEST 2016

Thank you Peter for pointing out my errors.

I shall take care of if henceforth.

To keep the mail short I left out the details, sorry about that.

I am using wordcloud package to built a comparative and commonality cloud.

My usage:

comparison.cloud(term.matrix,max.words=300)commonality.cloud(term.matrix,random.order=FALSE, rot.per=0)

I am already doing a lot of preprocessing and the sentence is not limited to 1 or 2.

The words in the word cloud are placed in random order if random.order=FALSE then it is placed according to its frequency.

I want the same order as the sentence minus the stop words.

Thanks,

ShailajaFrom: peter dalgaard <pdalgd at gmail.com>Sent: Wed, 18 May 2016 13:34:05 To: shaila shailaja <shaila_jm at rediffmail.com>Cc: "r-help at r-project.org" <r-help at r-project.org>Subject: Re: [R] Placement of words in a word cloud as per its occurance.A few points of order; you seem to be making a couple of rookie mistakes here. (Don't take it personally, lots of people do).1) Posting in HTML comes across garbled (and it can get much worse than what you see below), so please configure you mail program to avoid doing that.2) You seem to assume that we all immediately recognize the task you are working on and that there is a well-known and generally accepted methodology for which we just need to supply some detail that you have overlooked. In fact, the majority will be doing things in hundreds of different directions, and even those who are into wordclouds may be taking different approaches to it, there could be implementations in several packages, etc. Some people might be mildly interested in helping out (perhaps they want to make a wordcloud for themselves one day), but they would need to know what code you are using. As it stands, people are left wondering which function it might be that has an argument called random.order.- Peter DalgaardOn 17 May 2016, at 13:09 , shaila shailaja <shaila_jm at rediffmail.com> wrote:> Dear R help subscribers,> > > > > I am working on a word cloud where in I want the words to appear in the same order as in the sentence/text. > > I only know&nbsp;the random.order -&nbsp;which plots words in random order. If false, they will be plotted in decreasing frequency.> > &nbsp;> > Any help is most welcome.> > &nbsp;> > Regards> > Shailaja>    [[alternative HTML version deleted]]> > ______________________________________________> R-help at r-project.org mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, see> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help> PLEASE do read the posting
 guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html> and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.-- Peter Dalgaard, Professor,Center for Statistics, Copenhagen Business SchoolSolbjerg Plads 3, 2000 Frederiksberg, DenmarkPhone: (+45)38153501Office: A 4.23Email: pd.mes at cbs.dk  Priv: PDalgd at gmail.com______________________________________________R-help@r-project.org mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, seehttps://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-helpPLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.htmland provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.