[R] R STUDIO crashing

Joe Ceradini joeceradini at gmail.com
Thu May 19 15:27:37 CEST 2016

I had this problem as well, a lot, and it was frustrating and I did not
find much reference to it online. I believe it occurs after you run a plot
and then make the plotting window too small for R studio to redraw the
plot. Then when run a line of code, it never runs or appears to be running
indefinitely. The "STOP" sign does not show up either, so you cannot stop
the process that way - I always had to force stop via control alt delete.
After I starting paying attention to either clearing all plots or keeping
the size of the window big enough to draw the plot, the problem totally
stopped. I do not know/understand what the underlying problem is, but
hopefully it is resolved in newer versions.

Joe