[R] R 3.3.0 Crashing: Error in readRDS(nsInfoFilePath) : unknown input format

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Tue May 17 15:55:20 CEST 2016

A) I am not a Dr. I am just someone who has been using R for awhile. Since the install process usually works for me, I might not even be the best person to identify your problem, but I will help if I can.

B) sessionInfo is a function.  You have to invoke functions by including argument parentheses,  like so:

sessionInfo()

Looking at how that function is implemented when you ask the interpreter to print the function definition doesn't help us differentiate your setup from anyone else's.

C) you have not addressed the question of what might be in your .Rprofile. That is a file by that name in your home directory (My Documents?) If it does not exist, it can't be a problem, but you need to confirm.

D) You have not addressed what might be corrupted in your personal package library (typically My Documents\R\win-lib\3.3). Confirm that you have renamed or deleted it.

E) It might be relevant to ask how you are installing the package. What was the exact URL of the installation file?  Did you make the mistake of using the "Run As Administrator" option when you started that install file? (If so,  that can make it quite difficult to clean up bad file permissions. I am not even sure how to fix that, so you would need someone else to help if so.)

F) What commands are you giving to R during your first run?