[R] What is the easiest way to turn a dataframe into a barplot?

yoursurrogategod at gmail.com yoursurrogategod at gmail.com
Thu May 12 19:19:54 CEST 2016

Hello, I can't post my code since it's on a work computer.

But basically, I have a dataframe that has two columns, one is a string and the other is an integer.  I want to turn this into a vertival barplot where on the x-axis I have the string in the first columb and then the plot will display the integer count.

I have found many examples online and most of those matched either odd edge cases or putting the data into a format that strips out some of the data and I can't use it later.

This should be a breeze, what am I missing?