[R] Antwort: Re: Re: Antwort: Re: Re: sink(): Cannot open file

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Thu May 12 10:41:28 CEST 2016

> Hi Sarah,
> yes, I followed your suggestion.

I doubt that you followed it correctly. Sarah's advise is
usually really very sound -- and your code below is *not* :

> If I do exactly what is in the example of the documentation:

> sink("C:/Temp/sink-examp.txt")
> i <- 1:10
> outer(i, i, "*")
> sink()
> unlink("C:/Temp/sink-examp.txt")

> it does not write anything, i. e. no file is created in "C:/Temp/". The
> script is executed without an error or warning message.

Well, did you ever lookup what unlink() does ?
I save you the time : it does *REMOVE* a file.

So no wonder that you don't see any result after executing the
above R code block..

Martin