[R] Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Re: sink(): Cannot open file

G.Maubach at weinwolf.de G.Maubach at weinwolf.de
Wed May 11 18:47:18 CEST 2016

Duncan,

thanks for the hint.

I have done it correctly in R fashion

## capture all the output to a file.
zz <- file("C:/Temp/all.Rout", open = "wt")
sink(zz)
sink(zz, type = "message")
try(log("a"))
## back to the console
sink(type = "message")
sink()
unlink("C:/Temp/all.Rout")

But the error persits.

Kind regards

Georg

Von:    Duncan Murdoch <murdoch.duncan at gmail.com>
An:     John Sorkin <jsorkin at grecc.umaryland.edu>, drjimlemon at gmail.com,
G.Maubach at weinwolf.de,
Kopie:  r-help at r-project.org
Datum:  10.05.2016 19:03
Betreff:        Re: [R] Antwort: Re: Re: sink(): Cannot open file

On 10/05/2016 11:15 AM, John Sorkin wrote:
> George,
> I do not know what operating system you are working with, but when I use
sink() under windows, I need to specify a valid path which I don't see in
your code. I might, for example specify:

> sink("c:\myfile.txt")

Note that the backslash should be doubled (so it isn't interpreted as an
escape for the "m" that follows it), or replaced with a forward slash.

Duncan Murdoch

>   R code goes here
> sink()
>
> with the expectation that I would create a file myfile.txt that would
contain the output of my R program.

> John
>

> John David Sorkin M.D., Ph.D.
> Professor of Medicine
> Chief, Biostatistics and Informatics
> University of Maryland School of Medicine Division of Gerontology and
Geriatric Medicine