[R] very long processing time

Jim Lemon drjimlemon at gmail.com
Wed May 11 00:21:20 CEST 2016

Hi Shashi,
The assumption that anyone on the list apart from yourself knows what
"some calculation" involves is incorrect. I suspect that "what is
wrong" may be one of two things:

1) "some calculation" includes a very large number of operations,
perhaps leading to "disk-thrashing" when your 16GB of memory is full
of intermediate values. There is no software problem, buy more
hardware.

2) "some calculation" is a very inefficient method of getting the
result you want. If this method is revealed to us, we may be able to
help you.

Jim