[R] Can't resolve dependency problems with package "sem"

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Thu May 5 05:36:00 CEST 2016

An old version of R would be fine if that was all you wanted, but no, you want all the latest contributed packages as well. I can't blame you for that, but don't blame R for difficulties with contributed packages that have external dependencies and depend on recent versions of R.

You might find

http://trestletech.com/2012/10/install-rgl-in-ubuntu/

helpful with your RGL package issue.

I very rarely configure/compile since apt is so powerful. IMHO you should always start with apt on Debian derivatives before falling back to compiling.