[R] Can't resolve dependency problems with package "sem"

Fox, John jfox at mcmaster.ca
Thu May 5 02:35:20 CEST 2016

Dear Andreas,

As has been suggested, you're probably better off using an up-to-date version of R and corresponding up-to-date packages, but if the only issue is that sem can't be installed, the Rcmdr package should still work. The menu item for confirmatory factor analysis will be missing, and unless you tell it to suppress checking for missing packages on start-up, the Rcmdr will continue to ask you whether you want to install the sem package, but everything else should work.

To suppress the start-up package check, issue the R command options(Rcmdr=list(check.packages=FALSE)) before library(Rcmdr).

I hope this helps,
 John

John Fox, Professor
McMaster University