[R] copula package error when gumbel parameter is close to bound.

Jérémie Juste jeremiejuste at gmail.com
Wed May 4 14:34:05 CEST 2016

Hello,

In a situation where the dimension is high and the parameter is close to
the bound computing the density of the gumbel copula throws the following
error.

library(copula)
dCopula(rep(0.5,127),gumbelCopula(1.19,127),log=TRUE)

Failed with error:  ‘there is no package called ‘Rmpfr’’
Error: requireNamespace("Rmpfr") is not TRUE

It does not seem to be a ploblem with lower dimension though

dCopula(rep(0.5,17),gumbelCopula(1.19,17),log=TRUE)

[1] 2.402906

I'm I missing something about the computation?

Best regards
--
Jeremie Juste