[R] R logo size in package information tab of Rstudio

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 00:44:15 CEST 2016

On 29/03/2016 3:42 PM, Marc Girondot via R-help wrote:
> Two different sizes of R logo are shown in Rstudio in the Help at the
> package level.
>
> For example, numderiv shows a nice discreet logo located at (in MacosX):
> /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.3/Resources/doc/html/logo.jpg
> whereas packrat shows a huge logo located at:
> /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.3/Resources/doc/html/Rlogo.svg
>
> The choice between both depends on the path indicated in the file
> Index.html located in html folder for each package.
>
> It would be better to have svg version of Rlogo.svg of the same size
> than logo.jpg (I have converted the Rlogo.svg into the same size than
> logo.jpg and it looks much better whit the new version).

What versions are you talking about?  I'd guess your packages were built
with different versions of R if they ended up with different links to
the logo.

Why is RStudio relevant here?  I don't think RStudio does anything with
the R help files other than to display them in its built-in browser.

Duncan Murdoch