[R] Coxph model treating all the values of 1 variable as separate variables PLEASE HELP!!

Shelby Leonard shelby_leonard26 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 26 02:32:57 CET 2016

I have been working for 12 hours now on trying to fix my cox model. I have a large data set (n>300) and In my model I have time in months, status (1=dead), and change represents my variable. I am trying to determine if the variable change is predicitive of survival.     I have used this exact code before but for some reason now it is not working I get the following error message
    Warning message:
In fitter(X, Y, strats, offset, init, control, weights = weights,  :  Ran out of iterations and did not converge
And the output is taking all of the individual values of change as separate variables when I instead want them to be taken together as the same variable

This is my code:model.1<-coxph(Surv(time, status)~change)

I also have tried adding in a 2nd time and using all the variations of the same formula I could find. In addition to the warning message this is what my output looks like
instead of
I have no idea why this is happening!!
Thanks