[R] How to speed up R program

MacQueen, Don macqueen1 at llnl.gov
Thu Mar 17 01:22:48 CET 2016

You can start with
  ?Rprof
which can help you find out what steps in your calculations are taking the
most time.

Depending on what, exactly, you're doing, look for places where you're
using a data frame when a matrix would serve the purpose. Data frames have
more overhead than matrices.

Sarah Goslee's suggestion to avoid growing in place is a good one.

-Don

--
Don MacQueen

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory