[R] how to calculate spatial correlation between two data sets

Yogesh Tiwari yogesh.mpi at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 16 10:20:49 CET 2016

Dear R Users,

I am using R on Windows.

1) How to calculate spatial correlation between point observation at one
location and model simulated data over some particular region. For example,
observation is at only one location 18N, 72 E and model is at 0.5x0.5 grid.
So how to calculate correlation between every grid of model (over the
region 50:100E, 10S:40N) and this point observation at 18N, 72 E. Model
data is in netcdf format and observation is in text format. I would like to
save output fine in netcdf format. We have extracted model data as same day
as observation.

2) Its similar to above but, how to calculate spatial correlation between
 two model simulated data (i.e. grid to grid correlation over the
region50:100E, 10S:40N). One model has 0.25x0.25 and other is has 0.5x0.5
horizontal resolution.  I would like to save output fine in netcdf format

Great Thanks,

Best regards,
Yogesh

--