[R] Trend significant at p=0.05?

Bert Gunter bgunter.4567 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 00:49:17 CET 2016

This is not the place for a statistical discussion; it *is* the place
for R programming help.

However, you seem to be confused about confidence intervals and
significance, i.e. P values. You and others may wish to read about why
the "magic" P = .05 significance level is a **bad idea**, contributing
to bad science and irreproducible results, here:

http://www.nature.com/news/statisticians-issue-warning-over-misuse-of-p-values-1.19503?WT.mc_id=SFB_NNEWS_1508_RHBox

(The original ASA statement is linked, and other relevant references
are provided).

So in other words, you and all others who believe that P values have
scientific value may wish to reconsider that belief.

Best,

Bert
Bert Gunter

and sticking things into it."