[R] Utils - View mode - Filter

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sun Mar 13 20:37:42 CET 2016

> On Mar 13, 2016, at 11:58 AM, Jeff Newmiller <jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
>
> That function is installed by RStudio... it is not part of R. You should report this bug to RStudio.

I'm not sure that is the case. From the command line of the Mac GUI R.app, there is a `View` function. It brings up an X11 window that displays a dataframe in a spreadsheet format and allows you to a  highlight a cell. If you choose "Copy" from the Edit menu of that window you will not succeed in getting that value to paste elsewhere. It's not a function I've ever found useful (as is the case with the `edit` function)  and quite frankly I would not be sorry to see that facility abandoned.

RStudio has a window that does display data objects and selection of values and copying to the Clipboard does succeed.

--
David.